The “iTunes could not connect to iPhone because of invalid response” error is a very common iTunes error and can be very frustrating when you are simply trying to listen to some music. However, it is also easy to solve this error, and you can do so by following the methods mentioned in this article. Read on to find out how.
By Updating The ITunes Software
Updating the Apple iTunes software can resolve the error in a matter of minutes. If you are getting the “iTunes could not connect to iPhone because of invalid response” error, the first method you should try of fixing this error is updating the software. However, this can cause you to lose data. To avoid loss of data, you can use another app called “dr.fone – iOS system recovery.” This app is safe and trustworthy because it was developed by Wondershare Technology, one of China’s leading technology enterprises. You can fix the data loss problem using the following steps:
- Open the application and click on system recovery
- Connect iPhone to PC and click on start once your phone detects it
- Put your phone is DFU mode by pressing the power and home buttons for 10 seconds. Let go of the power button but keep the home button pressed until the app detects that the phone is in DFU mode
- Select your iPhone model and download the firmware. Wait for dr.fone to start troubleshooting the error
- Restart your phone and connect to iTunes like you would normally.
By Resetting Your iphone
Resetting your iPhone will work in most cases to fix the iTunes connectivity problem. Even though it can cause a lot of changes to your phone settings, it is completely worth it, because this method is easy to follow and will likely fix your iTunes problem immediately. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press the power and home buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds
- Restart your phone
- That’s it
By Resetting Your iphone Network Settings
Reverting your iPhone Network settings to the default settings can solve the iTunes Could not Connect problem and help you connect to iTunes in a matter of a few minutes only. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open settings
- Click on the tab that says general
- Select the Reset Network Settings option
- That’s all!
By Changing The USB Cable
Sometimes the problem does not lie in the device but the USB cable. Using the original Apple USB cable might solve your problem. If you do not want to have that on hand, try using other USB cables. In most cases, this will solve the “iTunes could not connect to iPhone because of invalid response” error.
Also, See: How to Zoom on Instagram?
By Uninstalling And Then Reinstalling
Instead of updating it, try uninstalling it and then reinstall it on your device. This method has been proven to work in a lot of cases of the “iTunes could not connect to iPhone because of invalid response” error. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Opn device manager from the control panel and click on the “plus” sign beside the Universal Serial Bus controller’s option.
- Click on the “plus” signs next to all of the following – Portable devices, Other devices, Imaging devices
- Under one of these, you will find the options Apple iPhone
- Right click on this option and click on the uninstall button
- Follow the given instructions and uninstall your iPhone
- Restart your iPhone after this
- Replug the device into your PC, and that’s it, you are done!
By Contacting The Apple Support Team
If all else fails, then you can also seek to resolve the “iTunes could not connect to iPhone because of invalid response” error by contacting the Support team or the customer care team at Apple. They are professionals, and after you have detailed your issue to them, they will guide you through the process of resolving this issue. The support team at Apple is not only friendly, but they put the ease of customers as their priority and that is why you can easily call them if you are having trouble connecting to iTunes.